Friday, May 18, 2012

the next chapter

Hey! I'm Emma. Welcome to my blog... mwhahahahaa! Since this is the first post, I want to make this good. Yeah, how about that? A good post. Sounds nice.


I started this blog because, to be honest, I wanted a fresh start. A new beginning. I had a blog for almost a year (any MGC readers out there? I miss you guys!) and it started out great. Though as time went on, things happened in my life that effected me a lot and in a way, the sadness I felt started leaking into my blog. After I'd write something, I'd reread it and it was pretty depressing. So many chains have been hooked onto me for so long and just this past weekend they've been broken off.

I just went up to Bethel Church in Redding, California and it was AAAAAMAZING. :) Saturday night a guy named Josh prayed over me and the craziest stuff happened. He prayed stuff that hit home, right on the spot that hurt the most. It was so crazy...ah, man. It's so hard to explain because it was so awesome. One thing he said was,

Your past is not who you are - your future is what God made you to be.

I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty sweet. :) God's given me (and you) a destiny. A destiny. A future. He's written out a whole story about each of us, from beginning to end. After what people prayed over me, all that nasty stuff I felt was suddenly gone. That ache I constantly felt was gone. Just gone. I remember the first thing I said after they finished praying was, "I feel like I could fly."

Man, I am such a kid. hahaha

I woke up the next morning feeling free. Free. I feel like that chapter of all the hurt ended and now I am able to flip the page. To move on to where I'm supposed to be. Not keep on holding onto the past...

Well, hi, I'm Emma. I'm a kid. Maybe a cool one? Nahh. This is my blog. I love the color yellow and I have this thing for ducks. Don't judge. :) How about you, my dear reader? Favorite color and animal? Just wondering...


So, here's to new beginnings, my friends...my next chapter.

Emma

1 comment:

  1. Hey im so happy you are starting a new chapter in you life i cant wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete

Psh, comments. I love them. If you have a question, feel free to leave it here, cause hey, I love them too :)